- Dean Duane Roen
- Letters and Sciences Excellence Academy
- Contact Us
- Academic Programs
- Agribusiness (Preveterinary Medicine)
- Applied Biological Sciences (Applied Biological Sciences)
- Applied Science (Technical Communication)
- Applied Biological Sciences (Secondary Education in Biology)
- Applied Biological Sciences (Urban Horticulture)
- Applied Biological Sciences (Wildlife Restoration Ecology)
- General Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies (Organizational Studies)
- Liberal Studies
- Organizational Leadership (BA)
- Science, Technology and Society
- Technical Communication
- Minors & Certificates
- Programs by Location
- Prospective students
- Current students
Not Sure of Your Major Yet? No Problem!
UNI 150: Major and Career Exploration Course
This 7-1/2-week, one-credit, student-development course will actively engage you in your educational and career planning process.
Classes are limited to 19 students or fewer, designed for active learning!
In this class you will:
- Take assessments and clarify your interests, passions and personality.
- Develop skills to research the majors or careers you are considering.
- Use information gathered to make a good decision.
- Create a plan for academic and career achievement.
Network and Intern for Your Future
UNI 250: Choosing a Major
Prepare for academic and professional success with this advanced one-credit, A or B session career-development course. Develop the skills you need to make a thoughtful choice that will lead to satisfaction and success academically and professionally! Pre-requisite: UNI 150 Career Exploration with a C or better.
In UNI 250, you will:
- Develop a major and career goal that tap into your potential and motivates academic excellence.
- Focus on networking skills.
- Learn about and prepare for internships.
- Write a professional résumé.
Design Your Career Path to Success
UNI 270: Career Direction for a Successful Future
In this 7-1/2-week, one-credit, student-development course, you will explore factors that influence personal decision making and develop workplace skills. Pre-requisite: UNI 250 with C or better.
- Discover personal strengths for educational and career goal setting.
- Develop skills in creating and accomplishing goals.
- Demonstrate teamwork and leadership skills.
- Identify the key skills that employers seek and you need to develop.